Sister Osterloh had a great birthday with lots of presents. (read week 37) Ganki des ka?So life without mom for a week has commenced once again huh? And this time you don't have Mari there either. Yikes! I hope you're all still alive and well:) jk jk. Kumi and Misa, just think of it as an opportunity to see what it's like to move out of the house with no mom to cook for you. Here are the tips from a missionary who has to pull meals together in 15 min.
Tip 1: Cook a bunch of rice, wrap about one serving size in saran wrap, stick it in the freezer for future use. and then make curry. I didn't realize how EASY curry rice was until I got out here. Peel and cut potatoes carrots and onions, boil it all in a pot and stick in the brown thingies till the color looks about right. I know mom would say there's a special technique to cutting the onion so it's especially tasty and probably something about frying the vegetables first to make it yummy...but the missionaries motto is, if it's edible and fast, it'll do. So we just stick it all in a pot, boil it and wa-la! Incredible!
Tip 2. NOODLES!!!! Pasta is probably the EASIEST fastest thing to cook in the world! Stick some Prego on it and you're done!
Everything we make in the apartment has to be done fast...and we have to use the ingredients that the members give us all the time...so we do alot of "mmm...this looks like it will taste good with this...let's mix it together in a frying pan, pour it over some rice and eat it!!" Haha. These last two transfers have been especially interesting. My first three companions all cooked. Right now, neither my companion and I are capable....hahaha. It's an adventure every meal time:)
As for the work. It's going well. We've been finding alot of new Investigators recently! So that's way exciting. But Unfortunately Okano-san hasn't been doing to well...actually, the problem is we don't know if she's doing well or not. We haven't been able to meet with her for a lesson now for two weeks!! Yikes!
So I have a way cool story this week.Around the beginning of the transfer before last (right after I got transferred to Fukuoka) we were streeting and we ran into an AMAZING couple who seemed to have interest in the Book of Mormon. (Read week 33) I remember we talked to them on the street for at least 15 minutes. They were way interested about who the missionaries were, what we did, and why we did it. The husband also had interest in Christianity, and had just bought a bible to help him study English. They were a super awesome couple, but we got the usual " we're busy, so we'll call you if we're interested" Ahhh...no name, no number. We gave them our number and invited them to come to church anytime and that was it. It was sad that we didn't get any contact info or a next appointment...but we felt so good about it! I remember how excited we were as we rode home on our bikes. We didn't get to be the missionaries that introduced the gospel to them, but we just know that someday they would listen to the lessons.Well, that was over two months ago.
Last week at Eikaiwa(English conversation class), I was doing the opening exercises as normal, and guess who walks in for the first time? The couple we met on the street two months ago!!!! A miracle!!!! Well, they're still super busy, but have committed to listen to the lessons! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Ahh...time's up. Gotta go. Love you! Have a happy Halloween!!!