Well, transfer week is over, and guess what? I have not only one, but two new companions!!! First things, I'm a trainer!!!AHHHHHHHHHH... sorry...where was I? Oh yeah, I'm a trainer.The new sister, Sis. Tagawa is my bean-chan:) She's 23. She was converted to the church 2 years ago in Sendai.(northern part of Japan) She's originally from Nagasaki (inside of Sister Osterloh's Mission)...so she's serving in the mission where she spent most of her life...interestin ne. She's a truly amazing sister, and I hope I'll be "worth" of being her trainer.
But it's not too scary, cause I have another junior companion to help me out:) Sister Iwasaki is super laid back, but so much fun to work with. The last two transfers she was working in Fujisaki ward(where Sister Osterloh used to go when she lived in Fukuoka when she was 7), so we got to go on exchanges a few times. It's fun getting a companion you already have a good relationship with.
The interesting thing is that Iwasaki-shimai (sister)is actually an older missionary than I am. She came one transfer before me...but is my kohai (junior companion). She was probably supposed to go senior this transfer...but because of the shortage of sisters, she had to come over to Fukuoka...this is where it gets complicated.
Fujisaki and Fukuoka areas are right next to each other, and since there weren't enough sisters to have missionaries in both Fujisaki and Fukuoka, we have 3 in Fukuoka. We're the "Fukuoka sisters". So pretty much, we've got to do double the work and see double the numbers. It's gonna be tough, but if we plan well and get the members to help us with splits, i know the Lord will help us accomplish what we need to...but man! It's gonna be crazy!!!
Luckily for one week we'll have a four-some. Sister Hamai who just finished her mission in Hawaii, decided she wanted to try working as a missionary in Japan for a bit. So she's with us on a mini-mission for a week. This transfer is gonna be fun, I can tell:)
For now, everything is looking good except...our apartment is tiny!!! It was already crowded with two...but now four?! When it was just two of us, we didn't even have a table to eat at. We used a little pull out shelf and made it a table...but now we're probably going to give that to Hamai-shimai for her to use as her desk...so where do we eat??? Hmmmmmm.... We have enough futons(beddings), so that's good...but we have nowhere to lay it. So We might have to stick Hamai-shimai outside on the balcony. psyce! Just kidding:) No, but really, there's not enough room in the tatami room...so someone's going to have to sleep on the floor where the desks are. hahaha...this is gonna be nuts. BUT, we'll be able to accomplish twice the work, so it really is a great blessing to have her.
I'm so glad though that it was Iwasaki-shimai(sister) that was the third companion. We get along really well, and she knows how to take control, so I can just leave all the Fujisaki leadership to her:) It's gonna be alot of team work, but it'll be good. I think Tagawa-shimai(sister) -bean chan is probably the one who will have the toughest time, cause this is her first area. I pray that we'll be able to help her learn what she needs to, and give her the proper training she deserves.
Ken-chan (Nishimura-choro: Elder) from Kyoto is in my district now!!! He was my honbu-doki (We started our missions at the same time) So it was extra exciting getting to see and talk to him again. Also, my very first zone leader is my zone leader again!!(Masumoto-choro:Elder) It's funny cause the last time I saw him, I was still a bean...and now I have a bean of my own...hahaha WEIRD!
Last but not least, guess who showed up at sacrament meeting yesterday? THE TANAKAS(Sister Osterloh's host parents when she lived in Kyoto for a year)!!! They are good friends with the Izumi couple who are members of the Fukuoka ward. Well Brother Izumi had to go to the hospital, so the Tanakas came down to help Sis. Izumi.
So yeah, I was talking on the phone with an investigator. When I hung up, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turn around and there's Tanaka-kyodai(brother)!! Of course I screamed. And then I ALMOST hugged him. No worries about half way I remembered...I'm a missionary, no hugging boys. Anyways, it was quite the exciting reunion. Of course I gave sis.Tanaka a HUGE hug. They wanted us to take me shopping to Costco for p-day...but with all this new bean, mini-mission stuff, there wasn't enough time. They also invited us for dinner...but we have a lesson...bummer. But it's the thought that counts right! And it was very thoughtful of them.
Anyways, that's all the excitement over here. It's getting cold. Rained yesterday and looks super suspicious today.
We're off to Korean yakiniku tabehodai(all you can eat barbecue)!