What's up the the weather? I thought rainy season was in June, not November. It's been raining alot this past week. And it's definitely bringing the temperature down! It's tough cause most of our appointments are during the day...which means at night we're outside streeting and housing. BUT thank goodness for the Japanese and their feddish with vending machines. There are vending machines EVERYWHERE full of hot drinks:) Yummy. Hot cocoa, corn soup...it's all there. haha. The other day it was SO cold!! My feet were freezing to the point where it hurt to walk. So we went to the vending machine, bought some drinks...and I put them on my feet:) Last week was quite the adventure with the four of us. Our apartment was ridiculously crowded, but we got twice the work done so it was great! It was funny though, whenever we would go somewhere together I felt like a mother duck with little ducklings following behind....wearing helmets.
now we're back to a three-some. We're trying to get the RS from the Fujisaki and Fukuoka wards to help us, cause we'll need to do ALOT of splits in order to do all that we need to. It's gonna be chaotic...but that's what makes life exciting.
Well, I'm excited to say that two of our baptismal dates are looking really really good!!! U Setsutai (Chinese) is all set up and ready to go for the 7th of January(before church) U-san has truly been prepared by the Lord to accept this gospel. We taught her the word of wisdom last week. When we taught her that we don't drink alcohol, tea, or coffee, she said " Oh...I didn't know coffee and tea were bad. I've been drinking it...but I won't drink them anymore" WHOA!!! Golden! She committed to keep the word of wisdom before we even asked her to! It was same with keeping the sabbath day holy. When we told her we don't work on Sundays she said " Oh...sometimes I have to work Sunday shifts...but I'll talk to the manager and ask him not to schedule me for Sunday" Wow! She is a true example of faithful obedience. It's amazing how the power of the spirit crosses language barriers and speaks directly to the heart.
Matsushita-san is also looking very good. Every time we meet with her, her determination to be baptized grows stronger and stronger. She wants to change. She knows that through this gospel that she can, that she will become much happier when she does. She's already started talking to her younger brother about the Book of Mormon and about drawing nearer to God. We're probably going to stick with the 13th of December. Exciting!!! We're gonna have a "white Christmas" this year! Wahoo!
So, yes I have plans for thanksgiving. because I'm in Fukuoka, I have the amazing blessing of having an American couple working in the office who are going to put on a thanksgiving dinner!! Only missionaries who can bring one investigator per companion can go... I might get turkey this year!! Yaaaaay.