Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 39 (Fukuoka - Fukuoka: October 20,2008)

So unfortunately this last week was a tough one. It was crazy, cause we saw some amazing miracles...but then had a few things that really stunk. The bad news is that both our baptismal dates are gone. Okano-san spoke to her husband(which is a good thing!!!) BUT...he's VERY opposed to the idea of her joining the church. I guess he went on the Internet to find out more about the church...you know how that goes. Anyways, we can no longer go over to her house to do lessons. Okano-san still has a strong desire to be baptized, and has faith in Jesus Christ and this church, but she doesn't want to do anything that her husband is against. She's still wants to meet with us...We want to help continue to help her strengthen her faith so that she doesn't have to hide it...but I know with her faith and with her prayers God will provide a way. If we do all we can we will see a miracle. I know it! (1 Ne. 3:7, Ether 12:12) So although it was really unfortunate, I feel at peace, and alot of hope!

As for the good news, we got a referral from the PCC in Hawaii, that turned out to be really good!! She came to church yesterday with her daughter and it went really well. We have another appointment with her this week. We're planning on teaching her the plan of Salvation and the importance of families. I hope it goes well.

Guess what? It's still totally warm here in Fukuoka. I'm still wearing short sleeves everyday...HAHA!!!But night are starting to get cold...so I bet it's gonna be winter before I know it! It's crazy how fast time flies when you're a missionary...I swear summer just started!


Well, I hope everyone has fun at Tyler's Homecoming. Tell him and all the boys/girls Hi for me. Tell everyone I miss them. And tell them a letter every once in awhile wouldn't hurt :) haha jk jk.