
------ The family we have been teaching still has issues....little by little we're making progress and seeing change in the family. I know that this is because they've had the gospel enter into their lives. Although I want to help them "fix"their family, our job as missionaries is not to do that, but to invite them to come unto Christ by HELPING them live the gospel. I think that by living the gospel they'll naturally start to see change and Heavenly Father will help them resolve the little things even though it will probably take alot of time.
There's a section of the Book of Mormon that I've really liked recently seeing this family and all. The first few chapters of MOSIAH are King Benjamin's speech from the tower. I love how it talks about how there was contention between the people and how King Benjamin established peace between them by teaching them to keep the commandments of God (last part of the Words of Mormon) And then how he goes on to teach them WONDERFUL things. In Mosiah 4:14-15 (I think) It talks specifically about rearing a family. As I read it, I can't help but feel "This is SO true!!!" The Book of Mormon really is the word of God. It really does help us with our everyday difficulties, even every day family problems!
Another part I like, is the beginning of Chapter 5 where the people talk about the change of heart that they've had and how not only do they have a change of what they believe, but they have a desire to change their life styles! Faith is not just a belief, it's an action! When we learn new things and we know that they are right, we have to DO something about it. Isn't the Book of Mormon wonderful? We can learn SO much from it! I love it!!!
------- fun story: We visited a family. they have 2 cute kids. Guess what their names are?
Steven and McQeen. Steve McQueen?? Hahahaha.
------- As far as I go. I'm staying healthy and I'm finally really starting to enjoy missionary life. It was really tough at first... it still is tough, but I'm enjoying everyday. Being a missionary is very fulfilling cause you do something good everyday! I've leaned that getting baptisms is hard, but I know that Heavenly Father has called us to this work. And if He's called me here I know there's someone who's ready to be baptized (1 Nephi 3:7) Ganbarimasu!!! (I will work hard)
There's a section of the Book of Mormon that I've really liked recently seeing this family and all. The first few chapters of MOSIAH are King Benjamin's speech from the tower. I love how it talks about how there was contention between the people and how King Benjamin established peace between them by teaching them to keep the commandments of God (last part of the Words of Mormon) And then how he goes on to teach them WONDERFUL things. In Mosiah 4:14-15 (I think) It talks specifically about rearing a family. As I read it, I can't help but feel "This is SO true!!!" The Book of Mormon really is the word of God. It really does help us with our everyday difficulties, even every day family problems!
Another part I like, is the beginning of Chapter 5 where the people talk about the change of heart that they've had and how not only do they have a change of what they believe, but they have a desire to change their life styles! Faith is not just a belief, it's an action! When we learn new things and we know that they are right, we have to DO something about it. Isn't the Book of Mormon wonderful? We can learn SO much from it! I love it!!!
------- fun story: We visited a family. they have 2 cute kids. Guess what their names are?
Steven and McQeen. Steve McQueen?? Hahahaha.
------- As far as I go. I'm staying healthy and I'm finally really starting to enjoy missionary life. It was really tough at first... it still is tough, but I'm enjoying everyday. Being a missionary is very fulfilling cause you do something good everyday! I've leaned that getting baptisms is hard, but I know that Heavenly Father has called us to this work. And if He's called me here I know there's someone who's ready to be baptized (1 Nephi 3:7) Ganbarimasu!!! (I will work hard)