
I can't believe summer vacation is already over!!! I swear it just started. I also can't believe that Scott Griffeth and Nelson are back from their missions...especially because I'm not home to see them. WEIRD. Oh and PS I can't believe my friends are having a party without me at MY condo!!! How does that work??? Well, I guess I'll forgive you guys if you take lots of pictures:)
As for me, I'm guessing you're wondering what happened with transfers...ready to hear? Drumroll...brrrrrrrrrrrrrr...I've been transferred!!! Waaaaaaaaa... like I said last week, I REALLY REALLY REALLY loved Taniyama. I loved the area, the members, and absolutely LOVED my companion. We had just set all these goals for the next transfer and we were all set to see a miracle...and then the phone rang. Bummer.
So now I am working in FUKUOKA! I'm back in Fukuoka-ken(prefecture), but this time I'm assigned to the Fukuoka ward. To be completely honest, I wasn't too excited when I first heard. I really liked the inaka(country side). After being in Kita-kyushu (which is a big city) and taniyama(totally country-side) I wanted to stick to areas that were smaller...but I guess it's not what I want that matters right? BUT...I know that this is a calling from the Lord. He wants me here, and there's something that I need to be here for, even if I don't understand what that is. I'm excited for a new challenge though. I'm no longer a junior companion. They made me a senior....Ahhhhh And of all places to make me a senior...they chose to put me in the busiest most complicated area in the mission. I got here and the sisters had 12 investigators...7 progressing. Also, the sister missionaries in Fukuoka are not only missionaries of the Fukuoka district, but we are also assigned to be the "outreach center missionaries". They started something called the "outreach program" in the Fukuoka mission. It originally started in Europe and I guess it was pretty successful, so they're testing it out here in Japan. It's a center for the YSA with the purpose of strengthening the youth and making the church a "fun youthful place" again. There's a missionary couple that are responsible for this center...and it's our companionship's responsibility to be over the Fukuoka district concerning outreach. I have no idea what I'm doing! Let's just say for the past couple days I've been praying ALOT...
All of these changes are still sort of surreal to me. I'm trying to get used to the pace of a big city again.... My new companion is Sister Ohara. She's 22 and has been out for 3 months. I'm so nervous...please pray that I'll be able to be a good senior companion and lead the companionship.
Anyways, so that's the biggest news for this week... Oh and now that I'm in Fukuoka...I'll be working in the same area as Tyler. CRAZY?!?! He's still the AP though, so he'll be gone alot on exchanges and stuff. It's kind of funny being able to serve in the same ward as Ty for his last transfer. This should be fun:)
PS. Fukuoka is a billion times cooler than Kagoshima!!....but strangely enough...I miss all the sweaty hottness...weird.
