Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 21 (Kagoshima - Taniyama: June 15,2008)

So Dad, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!I'm guessing you all went over to Grandpa's for dinner as always. Let me guess...steak and chicken! Oh how I would LOVE some steak right now. My new companion doesn't like meat...so recently I've been eating alot of veggies...which are good...but man I'm craving some にく(meat)!It's funny cause in my last area we were eating TOO MUCH meat. Every week after district meeting the Elders wanted to go to a たべほうだい(all you can eat) Yakinuku(The restaurant you cook meat and veggies by yourself at the table).......... Boys.

So, I finally got to meet up with Elder Johnson. Like I mentioned before Ty's one of the AP's so he came down to Kagoshima for Zone Conference. I was talking to Sis. Iwaasa when Elder Cannon(the other AP) tapped me on the shoulder and said "look who's here". I look behind the door and there's Elder Johnson!! I pretty much freaked out (my high pitched squeals of happiness) when I saw him! I gave him a big hand shake (hahaha) and he just busted out laughing. Of course everyone looks over to see what's going on (I've inherited Dad's loudness) President Iwaasa looks way confused and asks me "do you know eachother?" I explained the whole "heck yes! He's one of my best friends!" thing (of course I didn't say it like that though) and then it was Pres. Iwaasa's turn to burst out laughing. (President Iwaasa laughs like Santa Clause so it was really funny. I love his laugh! It's the best)
It was REALLY great getting to talk with Ty. But what was even better was that I got Tyler's training (sorry weird English). Zone conference consists of training from the mission president, his wife, the zone leaders, and the AP's (Ty and Elder Cannon). It was SO AWESOME! The best zone conference as of yet. It was especially awesome getting to hear Ty bear his testimony . He has grown SO MUCH on his mission. He is a wonderful leader and example to all the missionaries in the mission. From what my companion says Ty is known for being the missionary of love (sorry weird English again). I've heard so much about how he is so genuinely concerned for everyone he meets and truly shows love to everyone around him. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing friend and even more lucky to have the opportunity to serve in the same mission as him. It was really fun, after zone conference we went to visit a recent convert Family that Ty found when he was here in Taniyama about a year ago. On our way there Ty and I got to do a little street contacting together. Hahaha. Seeing him work was so great...I feel retarded cause I can't explain it in words. But I truly realized how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends who love the lord. In his testimony Ty shared a scripture from D&C 121:7-9. Sometimes life gets tough...scratch that, alot of times life gets tough. But Heavenly Father truly has surrounded each one of us with an amazing circle of friends to be there for us and help us in those tough times. I'm grateful to have friends and family who "stand by me". It is truly one of the greatest blessings in the world. So friends and family, know that I LOVE YOU!!!! Lots and Lots!

So we have alot of progressing investigators. We're teaching lots of lessons! We have one baptismal date and I hope to see many more in the upcoming weeks! It's been a little tough recently because our investigator with the baptismal date is Polish and doesn't understand Japanese...and my companion doesn't understand English. So I teach, translate to Japanese, testify, translate to English, translate to Japanese, translate to English....it's exhausting. I just pray that between all this translating Eleonora is able to feel the spirit. I end up translating all 3 hours of church as well. It is REALLY tiring and really difficult.

Thanks for everything. You are in my prayers. Always remember that no matter what you are doing, if you put the Lord first EVERYTHING will work out! 3Ne. 13:33.
Love Always,

Sister Osterloh