Monday, January 5, 2009

Week 50 (Fukuoka - Fujisaki: January 5, 2009)

Akemashite omedetougozaimasu!Kotoshimo yoroshikuonegaishimasu!

Hey Family,Happy 2009! It's crazy to think that 2008 is already over...and to think that I spent the Majority of it as a missionary. Time flies!

Anyways, the Fujisaki area is good. It's tough cause we're pretty much starting from zero. We have no investigators and don't know much about less actives or members...Plus the fact that it was New Years and everybody was gone for the past week, things were a little rough. But I'm sure things are gonna go back to normal coming up this week.

Things are going well with my new companion. It's weird because I speak English all the time. I'm trying really hard to speak as much Japanese with my companion as possible...but it ends up coming out in English. I guess I'll just have to try harder. It's kinda weird having a companion who understands my culture and my way of thinking. All of the sudden it's like I can really discuss things. It's been really fun. Von Bose-shimai (sister)is a really good missionary and is working really hard!

So for New Years we went to Dazaifu Shrine! Wow, it was SO AWESOME! It was snowing and there were tons of people. It was so Japanese-y. Also, the Shiki's (our old friends) invited us over for dinner, which was also super Japanese-y. I think my companion may have had a hard time downing it, but it was way yummy.

So exciting news! As of tomorrow all the missionaries get cell phones! How crazy is that! It's gonna make it SO much nicer cause we'll be able to get a hold of our investigators, but more importantly, they'll be able to get a hold of us! Yay!
Anyways, there wasn't much that happened this week because of the holidays, but sounds like you guys had fun at home!
I've got to make it short today cause we have ALOT of stuff to get set up for my new bean-chan: bike, rain suit, etc etc.