Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 18 (Fukuoka - Kita Kyushu: May 25,2008)



Hey Family! Hisashiburi !!!!!! It's been forever since I wrote an e-mail.

Transfers are coming up this week. We find out who transfers and whatnot on Wednesday.
Oh yeah, Elder Johnson transferred though. According to my ZL's Tyler is now AP(For all of you who don't know the Missionary lingo that stands for Assistant to the President...no not Assistant President....dwight?hahaha) Crazy huh??? I was freaking out! Cause you know what this means...I'll get to see Ty before he dies!!! Yay. I'm so stoked! ...Life is so crazy, but that's what makes everyday fun!I love it.

So the weather's getting warmer and warmer everyday...I guess it's weird back at home. We have our weird days here though too. A couple of days ago it got really cold out of nowhere and we had to bring out the evil heater that burnt my precious skirt.
Today's gorgeous though! In fact, since it's our last p-day of the transfer we(the elders and sisters in our area) are going to play!!! Finally!!! I haven't run around since...I left on my mission! Hopefully we can find a big field and play some ultimate Frisbee (I can't tell you how nice it feels to be wearing pants and a t-shirt. Comfy!) So I'm gonna try and enjoy the nice weather while it lasts. Rainy season should be starting in the next few weeks...which means wet wet wet.

Anyways, enough about the weather, the mission's going well. We still haven't found a golden investigator. We've been doing ALOT of finding this transfer. I feel like everyday we're desperately searching for someone who has been prepared to accept this gospel. It's tiring both emotionally and physically, but at the same time finding has been really fun.

We meet lots of different types of people. Yesterday we ran into a guy who is soukagakkai. I don't know if you've heard of it but apparently it's BOOMING (according to every soukagakkai person we meet) In America it's called SGI....I've never heard of it before in my life...hahaha. Anyways, it's really big here in Japan. So this guy. We knocked on his door and ended up getting lectured about soukagakkai stuff for 20 min. No worries though, we do run into some nice people too.

So, we are currently teaching a Philippine woman. She is a former investigator from about 5 years ago. It seems that every year she starts listening to the missionaries again, but her husband is very very very against it. In fact, she has to hide the fact that she's meeting with the missionaries. Her faith is REALLY strong and she wants to be baptized...but her husband is the mondai(difficult). She had a really spiritual experience while she was praying. She said it was weird because she felt sad even though there was nothing sad happening in her life and while she was praying and "talking to Jesus" she felt like someone was putting their hand on her arm. Wow. She really had an experience where she felt the love of the savior. Like I said, her faith is growing stronger and she is constantly praying that her husband's heart may be softened. I know that it is only a matter of time for her prayers to be answered. She is an amazing woman and I know the gospel will change her life.

Well, I wish I had more stories for you, but everyday recently is just finding...searching and searching! Thanks for all the encouraging letters and e-mails.
Keep the faith, always put God first and everything will be okay. I know it's true!!! (3 Ne. 13:33)
Love you tons!
Sister Osterloh